Friday 28 October 2011

Gangs and Solo.

Good morning,

So last night I logged on to TS and ScoRpS decided to start putting a gang together. Fantastic, I ask what is needed and get told to jump in either a Drake or Arty 'Cane.

PODLA Drake it is. (If you don't know what this is, it's basically a double web HML Drake with 2 x Nano and 2 x BCU's)

So I hang around for a few minutes and the order comes to go to the POS and start approaching the Titan. This fleet has turned from a general roam into a suicide Titan bridge fleet. Only one problem with that... I'm a trial member and, as such, do not get access to the POS. I pipe up on TS and ask what they want me to do.

A quick discussion happens and I am given a temporary password, just so I can take part in the fleet. Awsome.

So I warp to the POS and sit in jump range of the Avatar, waiting for our scout to find something to jump us into. After a little while the scout finds a Drake, Armageddon, Huginn, Hurricane and Megathron on a station and warps over to see if they will engage.

As soon as they go red box the cyno is opened and the order to jump is called. The opposition fleet disengaged as soon as the cyno opened, all except a lone Drake pilot. The Battleships, Recon and Hurricane dock up while the Drake, still red boxed on our scout, is called primary and swiftly dispatched.

We take the fleet on a roam through Doril and back round to D87 but find absolutely nothing. On return to D87 a bio is called so I go AFK for 30 mins or so.

On return most of the fleet have gone and it's me and ScoRpS left. I jump into a Jaguar and start wandering the area around D87.

I find a Drake one jump out in a mission or plex so quickly head back to station and grab a Rapier to scan him down, only to realise that I had bought a probe launcher but NO PROBES! D'oh!

Giving up on that idea I head back out in the Jaguar and start looking for a fight.

Now I should probably fill you in on this Jaguar. It's armor tanked for a start.

The fit runs like this: [Jaguar, Double Web]

3x 150mm Light AutoCannon II (Republic Fleet EMP S)
Small Nosferatu II

2x Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
1MN Afterburner II

200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Small Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I


This thing runs about 160 DPS overloaded with a little under 7k EHP and does about 1,200m/s also overloaded.

The idea behind this is to counter anything that comes in close. Dramiels would make for a good fight... at least a normal fit one would.

So I was out in this thing and tbh I was hunting the cocky Dramiel pilot hoping to repeat what I did a few days ago, though this time without the killmail whores!

So anyway abot 10 jumps into my circular route I finally run into a Dramiel and we start the engagement.

I close in and put the double webs on and start pouring on the damage and then... I'm capped out. What the hell? And hang on a second.... Is that Dramiel SHIELD BOOSTING?!

I get the Dramiel down to 50% structure before I go pop.  I say good fight to the russian... who ignore me and head home without my Jaguar. Once home I do a little research on this guy and find his fit.

All I can say is... My Jaguar would be able to take on a normal fit Dramiel... This is not normal, but it worked for this guy and he got a good kill out of it.

[Dramiel, Russian Dramiel]

2x 150mm Light AutoCannon II (Republic Fleet EMP S)
Small Nosferatu II

Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Small C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Power Diagnostic System II
Gyrostabilizer II
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I

2x Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

3x Warrior II


Ah well. I know now that I need to swap my neut for a nosferatu to try and keep my repper going as long as possible.

I hope I get to try this Jaguar on a solo 'normal' fit Dramiel at some point.

Fly Dangerous o/

Mail



1 comment:

  1. Damn, those Dramiels, I really hate 'em. Recently, after being can flipped, I tried to get one with a rail Catalyst (anticipating kiting), only to find, that this Dramiel didn't like to kite...

    The new plan is to bait with a ship scanning Hulk and get the appropriate ship, lol.

    ReplyDelete