Thursday 17 June 2010

BB18: Ch-ch-changes

Welcome to the eighteenth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by none other than me, CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to crazykinux@gmail.com. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!

"On May 6th 2010, EVE Online celebrated its 7th Anniversary. Quite a milestone in MMO history, especially considering that it is one of the few virtual worlds out there to see its population continually grow year after year. For some of you who’ve been here since the very beginning, EVE has evolved quite a lot since its creation. With the expansion rolling out roughly twice a year, New Eden gets renewed and improved regularly. But, how about you the player? How has you gaming style evolved through the years or months since you’ve started playing? Have you always been a carebear, or roleplayer? Have you only focused on PvP or have you given other aspects of the game a chance – say manufacturing. Let’s hear your story!"

So this is about changes, and really there hasn't been many. Except I'm no longer a newb! What do i mean by that? Well lets go back to the start and have a look how I began my EvE career.

I inherited Mail Lite, the character from a friend when he quit EvE. He had more powerful accounts and this was just a general 4 mil SP character in a random corp called 'Order of the Dragon' and despite the cool name it was a industrial corp. I started out running level one and two missions in a Rifter for my first month and a half, getting bored and logging after a few hours and not really making alot of cash if I'm honest.

However the CEO of the corp wanted a new director and it seemed I was the most active player, even though I had only been around for a few weeks and had no idea what I was ment to be doing in the corp and how I could get involved, I was made a director with full access to everything. Only problem? I was too newb to take advantage of this. I didn't know what a corp hanger was, what the corp wallet was. Apparently I had access to over 5 billion in assets when i was a director for that corp.

I then read Spectre's blog while at work one day. And when I say read, I mean READ EVERY POST HE EVER MADE IN ONE DAY! And that night I went home, Jumped in a Rifter, fitted to Spectre's Rifter post and made my way to Aurohen. Why Aurohen? Cause thats apparently where Spectre had lived at one time or another.

I jumped in and started practising with the D Scanner and on my very first night I killed a Retriever mining in a belt. Adreniline rush or what! I was hooked.

I had my CEO at the time contact me about the killing of the miner in Aurohen and said it wasn't the sort of thing he wanted in his corp and to keep away from neuts, red were fine but not neutral indutrialists.

I had joined the Hellcats Pub and asked a few times in there if anyone knew a corp where I could learn to pirate. Gilgamesh1980 was in the chat at the time and pointed me to TBRA where I found a great number of friends and eventually become a Personell Manager and then Director. I love the people, love the style of flying, love the ops and love being in the corp and flying the TGA banner.

I was then contacted out of game by the same friend who gave me Mail Lite, Aparently he had been following my progress and was now offering me another account for free. Hannibal Vexor, TKK and Gateway1.

Hannibal Vexor was just shy of 19mil and TKK is a miner and hauler alt at 7 mil. Gateway is a Cyno alt and Trader.

Hannibal is now my 'Main' and runs Level 4 missions, Wormholes and basically anything that will make me some extra cash and help out The White Rabbits. TKK is a Miner and is useful when TWR start mining ops, it means I can contribute in most ways. The Frieghter comes in handy too.

So the main changes in me over my EvE Career? Finding where I belonged, responsibility and having the tools to keep me nicely stable in my PVP endeveaurs.

Mail

Other Blog Banters.

1.CrazyKinux’s Musing: The Heroes with a Thousand Faces
2.StarFleet Comms: Life. Evolved.
3.A Carebear’s Journeu: This Carebear Thinks He Is Developing Teeth
4.The Elitist: Our ventures in EVE
5.A Mule in EVE: From a guppy predator
6.Travels of the Ronin: Evolution and Adaptation
7.The Ralpha Dogs: The Past Through Tomorrow
8.Where the frack is my ship: A journey, not a destination
9.I am Keith Neilson: 7 Year Itch?
10.Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah: Evolution Me
11.EVE Opportunist: A long history of a short time
12.Roc’s Ramblings: Things Change
13.Guns Ablaze: Onwards and Upwards
14.EVE On Real Life: Haven’t you grown up yet?

1 comment: